2012年5月12日星期六

MAC Unsung Heroes Fast Response Eye Cream MAC Uns

Advertisement



What good’s a fast-acting beauty product if it takes forever to find?

Not much, which is why I like to strategically place tubes of MAC Fast Response Eye Cream ($30) where I can reach them in a hurry. To that end, I keep one in my travel makeup bag, and another atop my dresser.

Oh, and then there’s the wayward one I found, with all of two drops remaining, in the passenger side door compartment of my car the other day. Poor thing probably thought I’d forgotten it was there (I did)…

Needless to say, I kindasorta love this cream. :)

It’s been a member of MAC’s permanent makeup line for years; I think I started using it circa 2001.

What is it exactly? Well, it’s a caffeinated, quick-absorbing eye cream to reduce puffiness around the eyes and diminish the appearance of dark circles, while smoothing and firming up the skin.

It also contains subtle light diffusers that really seem to brighten my under-eye area and soften the look of my fine lines, too, which, with this dumb-@ss insomnia I’ve been having, works out great.

I did some digging into the effectiveness of topical caffeine in skincare products, and it appears the jury’s still out. There’s some evidence to support that it might diminish under-eye circles over time (and a few studies have shown that it might be helpful in other ways), but it’s probably not a miracle in a tube/jar.

Either way, Fast Response is widely loved as a lightly hydrating eye cream, especially for normal and oily skin types, but my favorite way to wear it is paired with MAC concealers – a trick I learned from a friendly MAC artist. Combined, they cover dark circles yet don’t look heavy or obvious.

Just mix a couple drops of MAC Fast Response Eye Cream in with some concealer, and buff the blend under your eyes using a fluffy brush like the 224 or 217. The result? — flawless, natural-looking coverage, almost like you’re not wearing any makeup at all.

I’ve tried it with a bunch of different concealers, and it seems to work best with runny liquids. If you’re just looking for light-to-medium coverage, try either MAC Select Select Cover-Up ($16.50) or Select Moisturecover ($16.50). If, however, your circles could pass for pitch, try full-coverage MAC Pro Longwear ($16.50) instead.

I usually alternate between Select Moisturecover and Pro Longwear, depending on what I’m doing that day and how my skin’s behaving, but all three mix well with Fast Response.

Viva la Viva Glam!

MAC announced this morning that rapper Nicki Minaj and singer Ricky Martin will be the newest faces of MAC Viva Glam. :)

As a matter of fact, Nicki and Ricky are shooting the new campaign today in Miami. Cary, a MAC friend of mine, is actually with them now, the lucky duck, and, apparently, Ricky is, as many of us always suspected, very sweet and very hot (you can follow Cary’s updates on twitter).

Since the start of the program in 1994, MAC Viva Glam has been a huge success. Proceeds from the sale of Viva Glam lipsticks have gone to support men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS. Millions have been raised, much of it one tube at a time.

Look for the new Viva Glam to hit shelves in February of next year. Two words: CAN’T. WAIT.

So how’s your Monday coming along? Anything new to report?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection

没有评论:

发表评论