2012年4月28日星期六

Wheelin' Around

>> I didn't get many toys as a child and it seems like I'm trying to desperately make up for this in my old age.  I'm not usually one for 'gadgets', the word already conjuring up useless office desk toys, cheap blinking LED lights and general hunks of plastic that don't do much except to create more toxic fumes in the world.  Only in a moment of madness during this Festive period did I manage to convince myself that this Shoe Wheel by Rakku could be the answer to all of my problems, the design solution where I could happily front a positive testimonial to in an infomercial.  So I gifted myself this heap of flat pack plastic and screws in a bid to a) have some sort of a toy to play with - you'd be surprised how much joy I get from flat-pack anything and b) it's a feeble attempt at compacting my shoes into a space because there are only so many times I can pull the line "But my shoes are like objects!  It's ok to have them strewn around the living room!" with Steve.  The shoe wheel that was mean to fit 20-30 pairs of shoes (???) racked up 14 pairs of my shoes, which is fair enough given there are some monster heels in there.  But the best thing about this less-than-pretty object is the spinning factor.  If I was impressed by a cardboard box when I was six, then perhaps my toy instincts are catching up with me and a crappy bit of plastic spinning around is like...waaaaay cool... and for some reason, all I can think of is...Playbus!  What's the sign on the lollipop????   

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论